Friday, October 25, 2013

Welcome Baffled Readers

Welcome to those of you who have ended up here at Balkans via Bohemia by way of my article in The Baffler on the Luddites. ("A Nod to Ned Ludd")

I am a playwright and editor in America's Mid-Atlantic region. My latest play, Nero/Pseudo, will be performed this spring by WSC/Avant Bard. (Venue TBA.) The play features music by James Elkington (The Zincs, Horse's Ha) and Jon Langford (Mekons, Waco Brothers, Skull Orchard, Three Johns).

The Luddite article grew out of research I have been doing for a play on the Luddites and Romantic poets (including Byron, Coleridge, Shelley and the man to the right -- British Poet Laureate Robert Southey).

I have had the privilege over the past few years to be published in many terrific magazines (check the links to the right), but having a piece in The Baffler -- which has been such an important part of my own reading over the last two decades -- is truly wonderful.

Baffler Editor-In-Chief John Summers and Senior Editor Chris Lehmann have done a marvelous job in taking the magazine into new vistas, and I urge you to think about buying a subscription to support their efforts to edify, enlighten and entertain us all:

https://www.thebaffler.com/subscribe


No comments: